Freitag, 1. Juni 2012

~~The lovely Mediterranean Sea - Back from France~~

HELLOOOOOUH! I am back from holidays in south of France!

Torreilles Plage - even more beautiful with the best friend!

I had 11 wonderful days with lots of relaxing.
"Relaxing" was my first intention for those vacations, because I really have been out of energy the last months. I know, 11 days won`t give me back all of it, but it worked so far, and I am back, fresh and crispy tanned :D

Me and my best friend Lissy spent the days mostly with enjoying nature and mediterranean food (and a little bit of comic-bijoux-food-shopping, for sure!).

I guess we made up for all the fish we did not eat this year in Germany.

We bought salmon, crevettes, codfish and more and mostly mixed it only with olive oil, lemon and salt.

We picked wild rosemary and thyme, which is really growing EVERYWHERE there. The air is full of different bloomy and tangy smells. - we nearly got drunk by it!


Wild thyme from the Pyrenées
We bought some fresh vegetables at the market, for example at St. Laurent de la Salanque, which is incredibly cute, with all the stands curling through the little alleys.
Or the market at Le Barcarès lies next to the beach and the turquoise Mediterranean Sea...

We put beans, tomatoes and sugar pods under our salmon in aluminium foil, drippled it with lemon juice and god oil from the regional mills...onto the BBQ...some potatoes with rosemary into the blaze...not missing the garlic, for sure!!...and enjoyed our fish in a warm summer breeze.
Sunsets were red and the near mountains full of snow, we could listen to the breakers not far from the house and to the whine of the wild cats who were always looking after our cheese plates.

Fresh salmon, cooked in foil ~ Artichokes from the market ~
Pain Epi ~ One wonderful cheese of thousand

Oh, and - PREMIERE! - Lissy and I prepared our first artichoke, which was really an adventure, but finally so yummy.
I already miss the slow and calm days down there.
Weather is nice, too, in Hamburg. But the silence and the soft warm air gave me a feeling of time is not important. I really really miss that.

We are such good friends that we bite the same way without knowing!
Collioure
Where it meets the Pyrenées mountainregion, the Roussillon is also rough and wild.
Beach, snow and old history meet there all in one.

1 Kommentar:


  1. Hi!

    My name is Monika I live in Australia and I own the blog Tooodayi, I just came across your blog. I really love it because you have such lovely photography and great content.

    I wanted to ask you, if I could write a guest post on your blog, it could be a topic of your choice or alternatively I can just compose a post that fits your blog style.

    Its a bit of a spur of the moment idea but I think it would be fun to do!

    I Look forward to hearing from you.

    Thank You,

    Monika
    http://tooodayi.blogspot.com.au/

    AntwortenLöschen