Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2012

Apricot-Chicken with Halloumi


Summer arrived in Hamburg - and me, too, after my holidays in France.

I started to work immediately after my return. I am a Freelancer, and when I am out of office for holidays, nobody is there to do the work and check the mails.
So when I am back I have to catch up on everything.

The first days, I had nothing in my head but clearing my desk.

Yesterday, the first delight for cooking came back and here we go!
I made a very quick dinner for Timo and me. It is REALLY quick and it doesn`t soil the kitchen at all, so: a little work for a mouth full of flavour and love :)


APRICOT-CHICKEN with Halloumi (grillcheese)
(serves 2)

>> 2 filets of chickenbreast (200 grams each worked perfectly for us)
>> 4 apricots (quartered)
>> 10 cherry tomatoes (or another amount of whatever tomatoes.Follow your preferences)
>> 150 grams Halloumi (greek grillcheese), cut in 4 slices
>> 1 TBSP liquid honey
>> 1,5 TBSP olive oil
>> grated lemon peel of 1 lemon
>> a few branches fresh thyme
>> 2 teacups Couscous

Preheat oven: 180°C
Thinly slice each breast three times and stuff the thyme into the cuts.  Put the chickenbreast, the Halloumi slices, the apricots and tomatoes (prick every tomatoe softly with a pointed knife, so they won´t burst under the heat) next to each other into a casserole.

Mix olive oil with honey and lemon peel.
Spread it equally over everything.

Put it into the oven for 20-25 minutes (have a look for the breast. When it is tanning, the meat should be done...you can also have  a look into the cuts. If the meat is done: Out!)Couscous: Boil 3 teacups of water and mix it with the Couscous (if you want, add juice from the lemon into it). Let it soak for 10 minutes.
>> Enjooooy!




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen